Sunday, March 21, 2010

Gotta Love My Mom



I spent the last four days with my parents and dad sure had a birthday he won't forget. I never saw him more shocked/ surprised when my mother told him: "Honey, we need 300 Euro."

'We' would be me and my mom. "For what?" Not a worried or shocked face so far, but more a look of satisfaction that she was (more or less - face it she was not really doing it lol) asking him and not just taking his credit card. lol

"The Scorpions are on their last Tour, we will attend their concert in Hamburg in November." 'We' in this case would be me and my parents. Yes, she is sweet enough to take him with us. lol I didn't say anything. My Mom asked me if I would like to go...gotta love her!!

I swear I heard the *thud* after Mom's explaination! He had this look on his face; it clearly read 'I'm not going to a rock show!' Poor Daddy, he never was really into to good old rock and roll. Mom on the other hand introduced me to The Stones, KISS, Alice Cooper (and yes with eight years I was shocked and didn't listen to him again until last year! lol) and The Scorpions.

Somehow my Mom seemed to sense that poor Daddy wasn't really into it ... (Mommy voice!): "They are succesful for more than 30 years worldwide, they are great, they are from Germany, we never saw them...WE WILL GO!"

I really had to pinch myself not to start laughing. They are so great and know exactly how to play to get what they want after 34 years of marriage. Dad saw his last chance "What weekday is the 19th November?" And I could hear him praying 'Don't be a weekend. Don't be a weekend.'

"It's a Friday!"

Ding Ding. And this one goes to MOM! lol

"Ok, we go." Poor Daddy sounded really beaten. I promised him beer during the concert. lol

I ordered the tickets about an hour ago. Can't wait to get them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment